OH&S Instructor / Trainer - Course Developer
YOW Canada Inc. is looking for an OH&S Instructor / Trainer to work in our Ottawa based location. In this position, you will be responsible for online course development. We are a company that for over 17 years has focused on promoting Health and Safety to Employers and Employees across Canada to ensure compliance with various Legislations.
To succeed, you will have completed a related diploma, degree program or have at least 2 years relevant experience. A CRSP designation is required (or in the process of being completed). You are self-motivated and comfortable working independently without much supervision. You have an eye for detail, presentation and a keen interest in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). Please visit YOW Canada's website for more details on the company: www.yowcanada.com/
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with programmers to create course content and course outlines for existing and new OH&S online training courses (Internet Based Training courses). No programming skills are required
- Evaluating and improving current online training programs in terms of content and effectiveness
- Developing supplementary training, materials and manuals
- Assisting customers with Regulatory and training inquiries
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years practical teaching experience in providing OH&S training for the following areas:
- Fall Protection
- TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
Skills and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and training requirements. Emphasis will be placed on your ability to be creative, innovative and thorough in developing training content. You have excellent administrative skills combined with the ability to meet deadlines and time constraints.
- 2+ years practical experience
- Good teaching and literary skills with the ability to incorporate various teaching methods
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is a strong asset)
YOW Canada Inc. offers you a dynamic work environment in addition to a competitive salary and group benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as a group RRSP. Benefits commence following a 6 month probationary period. Vacation leave begins at 3 weeks per year.
Salary: $55K - $75K based on experience.
Resumes can be forwarded to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all responses, only those being considered for a personal interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.