OH&S Training Specialist & Course Developer
YOW Canada Inc. is looking for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Training Specialist and Course Developer to work in our Ottawa based location. In this position, you will be responsible for knowing Federal and Provincial Health & Safety regulations and using this knowledge to develop content for online training courses and to assist clients with regulatory questions.
We are a company that for over 17 years has focused on promoting Health and Safety to Employers and Employees across Canada to ensure compliance with various Legislations. Please visit YOW Canada's website for more details on the company. www.yowcanada.com/about
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating the content for new OH&S online training courses and ensuring the course adheres to any applicable regulations. No programming skills are required
- Evaluating and improving current online training programs in terms of content and effectiveness
- Monitoring OH&S regulatory requirements and amendments across Canada to ensure YOWâ€™s training remains in compliance
- Developing supplementary training, materials and manuals
- Assisting customers with Regulatory and training inquiries
Skills and Requirements
The desirable candidate will have a solid understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and training requirements, and a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification is required. You will also need to have a related diploma, degree program or at least 2 years of experience in a Health and Safety position. Emphasis will be placed on your keen interest in developing OH&S training content and your ability to be creative, innovative and thorough in developing said content. You should have excellent administrative skills combined with the ability to meet deadlines and time constraints while working in an independent capacity.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification
- Health & Safety Program diploma or degree or 2+ years practical experience in OH&S position
- Good teaching and literary skills with the ability to incorporate various teaching methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is a strong asset)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Previous experience in delivering any of the following OH&S training would be an asset:
- Fall Protection/Working at Heights
- TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
YOW Canada Inc. offers you a dynamic work environment in addition to a competitive salary and group benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as a group RRSP. Benefits commence following a 6 month probationary period. Vacation leave begins at 3 weeks per year.
Salary: $55K - $75K based on experience.
Resumes can be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all responses, only those being considered for a personal interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.